- we kicked off this month’s dinners making quinoa-beet burgers. and we both liked them!
- a special bonus visit gave us the chance to spend more time with the nieces celebrating piper & gabi’s birthdays in minnesota, too :o) and i got to go with on a very special trip to the American Girl doll store.
- to celebrate our first wedding month-iversary, we made the most delicious treat: peach dumplings (thank you, smitten kitchen cookbook)!
- i felt so special to be able to video chat with miss piper after her first day of kindergarten!!
- we had a blast at the state fair – dustin’s first time :o)
- dustin started his residency.
- our little lemons have started to turn yellow!! i find myself googling “how to take care of a lemon tree” many times a week…
- we are slowly finding our new rhythm & routines now that we are both working.
- watching dustin & blackjack together every morning is just the sweetest thing.
- we have had an onslaught of delicious tomatoes from our produce CSA, so tried a new recipe – a cozy kitchen’s heirloom tomato jam. it’s insanely good. i pretty much wanna spread it on everything.
it’s so good to be back in this space. i’ve been filing away topics (projects, the wedding, recipes, “10 things” from the past few months, etc.) in lists on my phone & sticky notes on my trusty computer so as to not forget them, and now that we’re a bit more settled post-wedding festivities & moving, i’m excited to get back to posting again.
tonight i have a little something to share on our family blog, becoming the crawfords, but i’ll be back here again this weekend :o)